Friday, October 22, 2010

Timers & Tally Marks

So, I have decided to go back to using a timer for my pokey little Abby-do. Thank you very much to my friend & blogger buddy Lana. I used one last year & it worked wonders, but we just haven't used it this school year for whatever reason. What is normally a 30 min shower is now 10!!! I have also decided to go with positive reinforcement & I started a tally mark system. I got a dry erase board & put the girls' names at the top. They have the chance to earn a tally mark each day! This means; no fighting, no arguing, no being pokey, no leaving-clothes, shoes, backpacks, lunchboxes, etc. lying on the floor!!! The best part...it's working!!!! They did great the first night, so the last few evenings they have been making comments like, Lilly after her shower last night said "I nearly turned off the bathroom light, but then I looked at all my stuff laying around & thought now what could I do to get a tally mark, so I cleaned it all up". Ahh, the little things that make a big difference, I get sick of cleaning the bathroom 10-20 times daily, or asking 50+ times to put their shoes & jackets where they go. So once they get 10 tally marks they either get a prize or get to do something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment